Last Updated: Apr 15, 2014
- Credo Reference
Search over 600 encyclopedias, dictionaries, and handbooks in all disciplines, including such psychology titles as Elsevier's Dictionary of Psychological Theories, the Concise Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science, and more.
- Annual Reviews
Critical reviews of current research in the biomedical, physical, and social sciences, including Psychology and Clinical Psychology.
- Wikipedia itself should never be used as a source in an assignment.
- ...BUT in most Wikipedia articles, you can find lists of Sources and External Links which may contain resources you can use.
- Of course, traditional encyclopedias have bibliographies too - and you know you can trust their information! Why not try searching Credo Reference for your topic instead?
Encyclopedias, handbooks, dictionaries and other reference books can be a great place to start your research. They will
- Give you the background information you need to start researching unfamiliar concepts
- Help you to narrow your topic down to a manageable research question
- Provide fast, reliable sources for definitions, facts, and statistics.
The following books and more can be found in the Library's Reference Collection.
APA Dictionary of Psychology
Call Number: REF BF31 .A65 2007
Publication Date: 2007
The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science, 4 Volume Set
Call Number: REF BF31 .E52 2001
Publication Date: 2001
Handbook of Counseling Psychology
Call Number: REF BF637 .C6 H315 2000
Publication Date: 2000
Handbook of Child Psychology
Call Number: REF BF721 .H242 2006
Publication Date: 2006
Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence
Call Number: REF BF724 .B487 2003
Publication Date: 2003
Personality and Psychopathology
Call Number: REF RC456 .C66 2006
Publication Date: 2006
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5)
Call Number: REF RC455.2 .C4 D536 2013
Publication Date: 2013
The Eighteenth Mental Measurements Yearbook
Call Number: LB3051 .M46 18TH
Publication Date: 2010
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
Call Number: ON RESERVE
Publication Date: 2009
We're here to help! We're always happy to answer any questions you may have about the library or your research. Come see us at the Information Desk, or contact us in any of the following ways: